Chana Dal has a richer flavor than other pulses, which blends itself well to the preparation of mouth-watering halwa which is sure to be loved by your guest and family members. This halwa is the perfect dessert for festivals. Let’s follow this recipe.
- Split Bengal gram (chana dal) soaked in water for 3-4 hours- 1 cup
- Khoya/mawa grated -1/2 cup
- Ghee- 1/2 cup +a teaspoon
- Sugar- 1/2 cup
- Green cardamom powder- 1/2 teaspoon
- Cashew nuts finely chopped -10-15
- Raisins for garnish-10-15
- Heat ½ cup ghee in a non-stick pan. And add chana dal and cook for 10-15 minutes and stir continuously.
- Add khoya, sugar and green cardamom powder and cook for 8-10 minutes on low flame and stir continuously or cook till the mixture thickens.
- Heat ½ tsp ghee in a non-stick pan, add cashew nuts and raisins and saute till they turn golden.
- Transfer the halwa into a serving bowl and garnish with fried cashew nuts and raisins and serve it.
- Calories: 2718
- Carbohydrates: 56.8
- Protein: 288.4
- Fat : 145.8
- Other: 30.6
Also, Read Carrot Gajar Kheer Recipe