Moong dal is considered to be very healthy. Moong Dal Finger is crispy from outside and soft from inside. This crispy finger makes a perfect healthy party snack and also can be packed in a kids lunch box. Let’s follow this recipe.
1 Cup Split Skinless Green Gram Moong Dal
1 Onion (chopped)
Ginger-green chili paste (small piece of ginger and 2 green chilies)
1 Tsp Lemon juice
1 Tsp Chaat Masala
1 Tsp Garam Masala Powder
1 1/2 Cups Bread Crumbs
Coriander Leaves (few Sprigs chopped)
Salt – According to taste
Oil for deep frying
1. Soak Moong Dal in warm water overnight and drain and put it aside.
2. In a bowl, mix together soaked split green gram, onion, coriander leaves, salt, garam masala powder, red chili powder, chaat masala, ginger-green chili paste and lemon juice.
3. Add the bread crumbs and mix well. Divide the mixture into equal portions and shape them into fingers.
4. Heat sufficient oil in a kadai and deep fry the fingers in batches of three to four until crisp and golden.
5. Drain on absorbent paper and serve hot with tomato sauce or mint or coriander chutney.
Moong is a good source of iron and protein
Also Read: Making Process of Corn Rolls Recipe