Simple Aloo Curry With Curd recipe is simple, yet flavorful dish.This colorful, tasty and spicy dish makes an interesting dish for any special occasions. You can serve this curry rice for lunch or dinner. Follow this recipe.
Preparation Time: 10min; Cooking Time: 30min; Servings-1-2
- 10 medium sized potatoes
- 1 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp coriander (dhania) powder
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- salt to taste
- 1 1/2 tbsp garam masala powder
- 1 1/2 tsp ginger-garlic (adrak-lehsun) paste
- 1 cup curd (dahi)
- 1/2 tsp nigella seeds (kalonji)
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds ( rai / sarson)
- 10 to 15 curry leaves (kadi patta)
- 1/2 cup chopped coriander (dhania)
- 1/2 cup water (optional)
- 2 tbsp oil
1. Peel, wash and cut potatoes into 1 inch pieces.
2. In a bowl add potatoes, ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, red chilly powder, dhania powder, garam masala powder, salt, jeera powder and 1/4 cup chopped coriander.
3. Mix well and let the masala gets coat well with the potatoes and keep it aside for 10 minutes.
4. Heat oil in a kadhai add cumin and mustard seeds when it starts crackling add curry leaves and the potatoes and fry it and when potatoes are 3/4 done.
5. Add curd and mix it well and let it cook for 4 to 5 minutes or cook till the potatoes are cooked.
6. (note: if little gravy is desired to add a half cup of water.
7. Garnish with chopped coriander and serve with parathas or rice.
Check More Curries